Bringing together psychologists, students, and affiliates dedicated to promoting education and training, scientific investigation, practice, diversity and public interest in professional psychology.
Welcome to the official website of the Society of Counseling Psychology (SCP), Division 17 of the American Psychological Association. This “home” page provides an apt metaphor for SCP’s mission: We cultivate a “home” for all counseling psychology professionals and affiliates to connect, to collaborate, and to coordinate efforts toward creating a more just and equitable world where ALL people and communities can thrive.
- We’re here! We’re queer! Come join us at the Annual SLGBTI Dinner!
- Gargi Roysircar, Ed.D., wins the 2019 APA International Humanitarian Award
- Lawrence H. Gerstein, Ph.D., wins the 2019 APA Award for Distinguished Contributions to the International Advancement of Psychology
- Community Advocacy: A Psychologist’s Toolkit for State and Local Advocacy
The Counseling Psychologist
- Financial Stress, Social Supports, Gender, and Anxiety During College: A Stress-Buffering Perspective
- A Qualitative Investigation of the Experiences of People Who Panhandle