Bringing together psychologists, students, and affiliates dedicated to promoting education and training, scientific investigation, practice, diversity and public interest in professional psychology.
Welcome to the official website of the Society of Counseling Psychology (SCP), Division 17 of the American Psychological Association. This “home” page provides an apt metaphor for SCP’s mission: We cultivate a “home” for all counseling psychology professionals and affiliates to connect, to collaborate, and to coordinate efforts toward creating a more just and equitable world where ALL people and communities can thrive.
- Building Community in an age of Crisis: Learning from Texts on Resilience and Liberation
- Social Gathering through Social Media: How to Remain Close in an Age of Social Distancing
- SCP/APA COVID-19 Resources
- Plans for Liberation: A Path Forward in the SCP Strategic Plan
The Counseling Psychologist
- Financial Stress, Social Supports, Gender, and Anxiety During College: A Stress-Buffering Perspective
- A Qualitative Investigation of the Experiences of People Who Panhandle