The Section for the Professional Practice of Counseling Psychology welcomes all students interested in incorporating professional practice in their careers!
Do you want more exposure to a practice setting in which you are interested? Are you motivated to engage more with professional practice issues in your graduate training or research? Do you have aspirations of becoming licensed as a faculty member? Would you like to pursue a career in a hospital or community mental health setting, or launch your own private practice in the future? Whatever the reason, we invite you to join our Section!
The Section provides numerous opportunities for students, including:
- The opportunity to connect to other students with similar clinical interests;
- Networking and mentorship with and from professionals working in a range of practice-focused careers
- Collaboration on Section programs and projects presented at the APA Convention, and throughout the year;
- Resources and information on careers in professional practice, as well as engagement with critical practice-focused issues related to practice with other practice-oriented students and psychologists; and
- Leadership opportunities within the Section and beyond.
The Section Leadership Team is committed to creating a supportive community for students and trainees interested in professional practice. As we are continually seeking to improve student engagement, participation, and membership, we invite interested students to contact the Section Chair or Communication Chair with your comments or questions.
Use our Membership Link to start your free membership!