The Section for the Professional Practice of Counseling Psychology within the APA Society for Counseling Psychology (Division 17) exists to strengthen independent practice in a number of ways, including:
- To promote the professional practice of Counseling Psychology as the science and profession of Psychology evolve and the social context changes;
- To bring together counseling psychologists and other affiliates who specialize and/or have an interest in a broad range of independent practice issues in Counseling Psychology:
- To maintain a support network and a forum for sharing ideas and common experiences among counseling psychologists and other affiliates who specialize and/or have an interest in a broad range of independent practice issues in Counseling Psychology;
- To promote by mentoring and other means, the advancement of professional practice in Counseling Psychology;
- To encourage, nominate and support those engaged in professional practice for appointment and election to positions of leadership as well as for awards in the Division (17) and the APA.
Interested in hearing more about the unique factors that differentiate counseling psychology from other disciplines? Click here to watch a great video on Perspectives on Counseling Psychology
Additional information about this Section can be accessed via the links below and the left-hand navigation menu options.