Greetings from the members of the Supervision and Training Section (STS)!
Welcome, incoming STS Executive Board Members
We are happy to announce the results of the STS Executive Board election. Please join us in welcoming our new members for the 2015-2017 term:
Chair Elect: Dr. Heidi Zetzer
Chair: Dr. Rod Goodyear
Past-Chair: Dr. Dave Shen-Miller
Communications Officer: Dr. Jay Wade
Membership Coordinator: Dr. Sarah Nolan
Early Career Professional: Dr. Rebecca Schwartz-Mette
Treasurer: Dr. Lilian Wong
Student Representative: Asmita Chandrakant Pendse
Rising Student Representative: Kirsten Graham
We are fortunate to have such a fantastic group of individuals committed to furthering the mission of STS. Thanks to all who were willing to commit their time and energy.
APA Convention 2015 (August 6-9; Toronto, Ontario)
Convention is right around the corner! Mark your schedules so you don’t miss any of our exciting STS programming. Highlights include:
- 4 hour CE Workshop: Caring for Ourselves and Our Colleagues (facilitated by Erica Wise and David Shen-Miller) will include the idea of the competent community as part of collegial development and self-care within an ethical framework. The direct relevance of this topic for supervision will be discussed.
- Collaborative Programming: The Section on Supervision and Training is partnering with the International Section for Roundtables at APA in Toronto. The following are the Roundtables that will be available:
International Section, “Reentry Experiences and Transition Process for International Students/Scholars” (Sym15576)
- Chairs: Yu-Wei Wang, PhD., and Fatima Rashed Al-Darmaki, PhD
- Participants: (Table 1) Hanako Suzuki, PhD and Keum-Hyeong Choi, PhD; (Table 2) Saad Yaaqeib, MA, and Sarah Alhmoudi, MEd
Supervision and Training Section, “Clinical Supervision in a Diverse, Global Society” (Sym15529)
- Chairs: Carol Falender, PhD, and Yu-Wei Wang, PhD
- Participants: (Table 1: Cultural Expression in Supervisor-Supervisee Relationships: Korean and Guatemalan Perspectives)Rodney Goodyear, PhD, Maria del Pilar Grazioso, PhD, and Keeyeon Bang, PhD; (Table 2: Crossing International Borders: Advancing a Global Understanding of Clinical Supervision) Michael V. Ellis, PhD, and Heidi Hutman, MA; (Table 3: Expanding Counseling Trainees’ Multicultural Competence in Working with International Students) Heweon Seo and Elena Yakunina, PhD; (Table 4: A Multicultural Feminist Approach to International Students’ Challenges in Supervision and Training) Nupur Sahai, MA, Klaus Cavalhieri, BA, and Yu-Wei Wang, PhD; (Table 5: The intersection of racial identity, global current events, and competency: Navigating difficult dialogues in supervision) Tiffany O’Shaughnessy, PhD and Anju Kaduvettoor Davidson, PhD.
Speed mentoring, Supervision and Training Section
Friday at 9-9.50am: SCP hospitality suite—Blue Jays Room
STS business meeting
Saturday, 1-150pm; SCP hospitality suite—Blue Jays Room
See you in Toronto!
Membership in STS
Join STS today! We welcome researchers, educators, supervisors, and trainees looking for consultation, resources, techniques, and connection with a wonderful community of practitioners and scholars who share your enthusiasm and interests. Membership is free for students, and $10/year for professionals. Contact Membership Chair Cyndy Boyd for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rebecca Schwartz-Mette, Ph.D.
University of Wyoming Counseling Center
David Shen-Miller, PhD, Section Chair
Tennessee State University