- We discussed the issue of accreditation for Counseling Psychology master’s programs. With our help, the Council of Counseling Psychology Training Programs (CCPTP) formed a separate Council specifically for Master’s training programs, which held its inaugural meeting in February.
- We discussed ways to cultivate leaders within our sections and committees so that members are ready to step into leadership positions (please reach out to your section leaders if you are interested in contributing: we need more leaders in the pipeline!).
A few action items included:
- We approved an update to the Newsletter format and the creation of a Writing and Editing Team to cultivate fresh web stories. Beginning this summer/fall, watch for the newsletter to be based on the website in a more interactive form, and watch the website for frequent new stories.
- We unanimously approved two additions to our leadership structure, pending the membership’s vote on the by-laws changes. At the SCP Business Meeting at APA Convention (Saturday afternoon), you will be asked to vote on these changes:
- To form a Strategic Investment Committee to oversee our long-term investments and use funds to reach strategic goals.
- To create the position of Vice President for International Affairs.
The full minutes of the Executive Board meeting will be found here. Our next meeting will be held just before APA Convention in Toronto. It’s not too soon to make sure your passport is up to date!Tags: Accreditation, Governance and Leadership