Convention is drawing near so it is time to announce that the winners of the SCP ECP Travel Grants are Dr. Ae-Kyung Jung and Dr. Stephanie Hoover, congratulations to the winners and we encourage all ECPs to join us at the Thursday evening social hour to celebrate (details below) and to consider applying for these travel grants next year. Our committee has been working on several sessions for ECPs at APA. Be sure to mark your calendars for the following events planned by members of our committee:
• Thursday |8/4| 7 – 9pm – Early Career Psychologists Social Hour – PizzaRepublica Restaurant
• Friday |8/5| 10 – 11:50am – Perspectives and Implications of Training Bilingual Practitioners – Convention Center/Rooms 108 and 110 Level 2-Meeting Room Level
• Saturday |8/6| 9 – 9:50am – SCP ECP Discussion Hour – SCP Hospitality Suite Highlands Room
• Saturday |8/6/| 2 – 2:50pm – Early Career Leadership Opportunities in Division 17: Society of Counseling Psychology Poster – Convention Center Exhibit Hall
• Sunday |8/7| 12 – 12:50pm – Intersectionality and Leadership—Narratives of Women Early Career Psychologist Leaders – Convention Center Room 402
In addition to this programming, we put out a call for ECP relevant programming to highlight and are pleased to offer this ECP Relevant Programming Guide that you can use to help plan your time at convention. As always, be sure to stop by the SCP hospitality suite and grab a “Div 17 ECP” flag for your name badge so we’ll be able to spot each other in the crowds and increase our networking opportunities. We hope many of you have submitted your applications to join the committee; we are currently reviewing those applications and look forward to welcoming new members to our committee at convention. Finally, if you have any ideas for issues you’d like to see addressed by the committee, be sure to reach out to our chair, Valene Whittaker (email@example.com) or our chair-elect, Tiffany O’Shaughnessy (firstname.lastname@example.org). Looking forward to seeing everyone in Denver.
Tiffany O’Shaughnessy, PhD & Elizabeth Terrazas-CarrilloTags: APA Convention, Awards, Early Career Professionals