CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
SOCIETY OF COUNSELING PSYCHOLOGY PROFESSIONAL AWARDS 2018-2019
Co-Chairs Chris Liang (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Sherry Rostosky (email@example.com), on behalf of the SCP Awards and Recognition Committee, request nominations for the following Division 17 Professional Awards:
Professional Awards (deadline: Monday, November 12, 2018)
- LEONA TYLER AWARD FOR LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT IN COUNSELING PSYCHOLOGY
- JOHN HOLLAND AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN CAREER OR PERSONALITY RESEARCH
- JOHN D. BLACK AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN THE PRACTICE OF COUNSELING PSYCHOLOGY
- FRITZ AND LINN KUDER EARLY CAREER AWARD FOR DISTINGUISHED SCIENTIFIC CONTRIBUTIONS TO COUNSELING PSYCHOLOGY
- EARLY CAREER AWARD FOR DISTINGUISHED PROFESSIONAL CONTRIBUTIONS TO COUNSELING PSYCHOLOGY
- DOROTHY BOOZ BLACK AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN COUNSELING HEALTH PSYCHOLOGY
- SOCIAL JUSTICE AWARD
- DERALD WING SUE AWARD FOR DISTINGUISHED CONTRIBUTIONS TO MULTICULTURAL COUNSELING
- LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT IN MENTORING AWARD
Members of the Division 17 Awards and Recognition Committee and members of the Executive Board may make nominations. However, if they do so, they must withdraw from the voting process related to any nominee for whom they have written a letter of support. Announcement of all award winners is made at the annual APA Convention (all award recipients are notified confidentially prior to the convention). Current members of the Division 17 Executive Board are not eligible for these awards during their term of office.
NOMINATION MATERIALS FOR PROFESSIONAL AWARDS:
Nominations should include and be limited to the following: (a) no more than three supporting letters, one of which should be a letter of nomination (from self or other) and no more than two additional letters of support from psychologists; all letters should directly address how the nominee meets the criteria for the specific award; (b) a copy of the nominee’s vita.
SEND MATERIALS ELECTRONICALLY TO: (awards.div17.org)
- Nomination materials must be combined into one PDF document titled with nominee’s name and award name. For example, “Linda Jackson SOCIAL JUSTICE AWARD.pdf”. Submissions that are not in one PDF will not be reviewed. Nominations that are incomplete or that include more materials than required (more than three letters, for instance) will not be reviewed.
- Send only one nomination per email. Faxes or mailed submissions will not be accepted. (If you don’t have access to email, please work with a colleague who does). Late submissions will not be accepted
- Please notify one of the committee chairs if you would like to resubmit a nomination packet from last year.