Division 17 and the American Psychological Foundation support the science and practice of counseling psychology through grants for innovative programs and models. Following is a list of the recipients of these awards.
RECIPIENTS OF A DIVISION 17 AND APF SUPPORT COUNSELING PSYCHOLOGY PROGRAMS GRANT
- Ruth Chao, PhD – “The development and evaluation of the Multicultural Sensitive Mental Health Checklist”
- Saba Rasheed Ali, PhD – “Future in Iowa, a career intervention program for 300 ninth-grade students who attend rural high schools”
- Clara E. Hill, PhD, and Charles J. Gelso, PhD – “The Maryland Psychotherapy Research Center”
- Jo Ida Hansen, PhD, and Amy L. Conlon, PhD – “A partnership between the University of Minnesota’s Vocational Assessment Clinic and the Neighborhood Involvement Program”
- Asma Jana-Masri – “Gender Role Conflict and Attitudes about Seeking Professional Help in an Egyptian Sample”
- Ryan D. Duffy, PhD – “Development of the Work Volition Scale”
- Frederick T.L. Leong, PhD – “Creating a Model Curriculum for Internationalizing Counseling Psychology”
- Meifen Wei, PhD – “Coping with Discrimination among Asian American Community Adults”
- Karen O’Brien, PhD – “Work-Family Enrichment and Work-Family Conflict: an International Investigation of Employed Mothers in Israel, South Korea, and the United States”
- Edward Delgado-Romero, PhD – “The Impact of Multicultural Competence on Working Alliance and Therapeutic Outcome”
- Hung-Bin Sheu, PhD – “The Pathways to Well-Being of College Students: A Cross-Cultural Investigation”
- Michael B. Madson, PhD – “A Psychosocial Intervention for College Student Drinkers”
- Frederick Lopez, PhD – “Preliminary Development and Validation of a Measure of Late Adult Attachment Security”
- Steven Danish, PhD – “Movement to Contact”
- Emily Bullock-Yowell, PhD – “Outcomes of a Group Career Counseling Intervention: A Cognitive Information Processing Manualized Approach”
- Jeffrey Hayes, PhD, Pennsylvania State University
- Ji-yeon Lee, PhD, University of Texas at Tyler
- Nathaniel Wade, PhD, Iowa State University
- Ji-yeon Lee, University of Texas at Tyler
- Debbiesiu Lee, University of Miami
- Geoff Bathje, PhD, the Adler School of Professional Psychology
- Gulsah Kemer, PhD, and Ashley K. Randall, PhD, Arizona State University
- Matthew Miller, PhD, University of Maryland
- Jesse Owen, PhD: $1,500 for Examination of Psychotherapist Relational Bond Quality in the Prediction of Mental Health Disparities in Treatment Outcomes.
- Gargi Roysircar Sodowsky, PhD: $3,000 for Developing a System for Providing Resilience-Based Trauma Assessment to Palestinian Children.
- Jennifer Callahan, PhD: $1,500 for Assessment of Competencies among Doctoral Students in Psychology.
- Femina P. Varghese, PhD: $1,000 for Vocational Intervention for Juvenile Offenders: Synthesis of Interdisciplinary Research.
- Stephanie Hoover, PhD, Western Oregon University
- Elliot A. Tebbe, PhD, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Joel Wong, PhD, Indiana University
- Ellen Vaughan, PhD, Indiana University
- Jioni Lewis, PhD, University of Tennessee
- Laura Marks, PhD, University of Memphis
- Kelsey Autin, University of Florida
- Martinque Jones, PhD, Columbia University
- Brian TaeHyuk Keum, University of Maryland