The Section for the Professional Practice of Counseling Psychology (formerly the Section for Independent Practice) within the APA Society for Counseling Psychology exists to strengthen professional practice in a number of ways, including:
- To promote the professional practice of Counseling Psychology as the science and profession of Psychology evolve and the social context changes;
- To bring together counseling psychologists and other affiliates who specialize and/or have an interest in a broad range of professional practice issues in Counseling Psychology;
- To maintain a support network and a forum for sharing ideas and common experiences among counseling psychologists and other affiliates who specialize and/or have an interest in a broad range of professional practice issues in Counseling Psychology;
- To promote by mentoring and other means, the advancement of professional practice in Counseling Psychology;
- To encourage, nominate and support those engaged in professional practice for appointment and election to positions of leadership as well as for awards in the Division (17) and the APA.
For additional information, visit: http://www.div17indprac.org/