Here are the June Announcements!
The 2017 APA Annual Conference is just around the corner!
It is almost July, and APA 2017 in Washington, DC is just a few short weeks away. If you haven’t done so already, make your hotel and travel plans, today! And at APA, please make time to attend SCP events. Here are some of the highlights to include in your schedule:
- the Leona Tyler Award address Thursday (1:00 – 1:50 pm, EDT, 103B, CC) will be given by this year’s recipient, Sandy Shullman;
- the SCP Fellows addresses are on Friday from 4:00 – 4:50 pm, EDT, 146A, CC);
- the Presidential Address (2:00 – 2:50 pm, EDT) and business meeting (3:00 – 3:50 pm, EDT, Salon 5, Marriott Marquis) on Saturday;
- our two official social hours on Thursday (5:00 – 5:50 pm, EDT, Salon 5, Marriott Marquis) and Saturday (4:00 – 5:50 pm, EDT, Salon 5, Marriott Marquis).
- And the Best in Practice/Best in Science Addresses on Saturday (11:00 – 11:50 am, 208, CC)
These are the MUST-SEE SCP events, those precious times in which we honor our award recipients, when we catch up with friends and colleagues, and meet other SCP members and students. For details on these events and on our truly outstanding divisional programs, please see our SCP Convention Programming online: http://www.div17.org/about-scp/conferences/apa-convention/.
SCP also has extensive programming in our two hospitality spaces. The main one is located in the Mount Vernon Place United Methodist Church, across from the DC convention center. The second one is the SCP Presidential Suite in the Renaissance Washington DC downtown, room TBA.
SCP Election Results!
I am delighted to share with you the results of our recent division elections:
Ruth E. Fassinger
Amy L. Reynolds
VP for Diversity and Public Interest
VP for International Affairs
APA Council Representative
Please join me in congratulating our new SCP leaders! Thanks also to all the candidates who expressed a desire to join the Division Leadership. A special thanks to you, our members, for participating in the nominations and election process.
We welcome your feedback on SCP priorities and activities. I encourage you to reach out to me or any other member of the SCP Executive Board to share your thoughts, perspectives, and concerns. Contact information for Executive Board members can be found at www.div17.org/.
Martin Heesacker, Ph.D.
President, Society of Counseling Psychology (Div17, APA)Tags: APA Convention, SCP Elections