Call for Nominations: NMCS 2021 Division Representative
Nominations (including self-nominations) are being accepted for the Division 17/SCP representative to the National Multicultural Conference and Summit (NMCS), to serve as Coordinator in 2021. This may seem like a long way off, but it is very important to get the future planning team on board so that the new representatives of the four hosting divisions can shadow the current NMCS team as they prepare for the 2019 summit.
Dr. Jill Lee-Barber is the Division 17 Coordinator for the 2019 summit, and, as the summit will take place during the presidential term of the current President-Elect, Dr. Ruth Fassinger, Drs. Barber and Fassinger are working together and communications will come from both individuals.
This call contains details regarding the process of selecting the Division representative who will shadow the 2019 summit and serve as Coordinator of the 2021 summit. As per summit tradition, the responsibility for the main tasks of the summit is rotated among the divisions. Dr. Lee-Barber is responsible for the Program of the 2019 summit, and the Division 17 Coordinator in 2021 will be responsible for Awards and Entertainment.
- Strong record of personal and professional commitment to multicultural psychology.
- Experience with NMCS over several years.
- Experience with leadership positions within Division 17 and/or APA.
- Experience in planning events such as meetings or conferences; additionally, experience in planning entertainment would be helpful.
- Adequate time to participate in bi-weekly and weekly conference calls and to engage in numerous tasks as needed (work begins in January 2018).
- Ability to work well in a team, and also to follow through on responsibilities independently.
- Must be available to attend APA convention.
- Must have full support of one’s workplace/institution for the time involved in taking on this role.
- Submit Full Application Packet (with ALL items below) electronically to Dr. Ruth E. Fassinger at email@example.com
- Current curriculum vitae
- Statement of interest and qualifications, including assurance that your workplace supports you in assuming this leadership role
- One statement of support from someone who can comment knowledgeably about your capacity to take on this role (this will also be the nomination letter if you are not self-nominating)
- Paper screening will be followed by phone interviews as needed.
- Notification will occur by mid-January 2018.
Deadline for receipt of the Full Application Packet is December 20, 2017, 5 p.m. PST
If questions, please contact Dr. Fassinger (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We look forward to your interest and enthusiasm!
Jill Lee-Barber, Ph.D., 2019 NMCS Division 17/SCP Representative
Ruth E. Fassinger, Ph.D. President-Elect, Division 17/SCPTags: National Multicultural Conference and Summit