Position Title: Psychologist – Learning Support Specialist (33591)
Organization: Weill Cornell Medicine - Qatar
Date Formal Review of Applications will Commence: 05/07/2017
Additional Information: https://cornellu.taleo.net/careersection/2001/jobdetail.ftl?job=33591
Job Type: Practice Job
Job Setting: Academic Department
More About this Position
Under the direction of the Director of Student Affairs, the psychologist promotes the personal and professional health and well-being of students at WCMC-Q by providing student psychological assessment and treatment services as well as developing, implementing, and evaluating student programs to promote student development, learning, and wellness.
* Develops, implements, and evaluates student programs and services to evaluate, address, and monitor student adjustment, mental health, personal development, and learning difficulties.
* Provides confidential psychological assessment and treatment services for students, including crisis intervention, relationship and learning difficulties, anxiety and other mood disorders, professionalism, and assessing and/or monitoring existing mental health conditions.
* Conducts academic skills assessments and coordinates appropriate assistance for students with specific learning needs.
* Consults with and provides timely referral to other professional staff as appropriate.
* Develops student programs and services in collaboration with WCMC-Q faculty and staff as well as affiliate partners including WCMC-New York, Cornell University – Ithaca, Hamad Medical Corporation, Sidra and Qatar Foundation.
* Collaborates with the Wellness and Activities Coordinators in developing, implementing, and evaluating programs that promote student health and wellness.
* Assists with the development and maintenance of the Student Affairs Office policies and procedures manual, ensuring compliance and consistency in own area of operations; proposes and implements procedures to ensure office efficiency.
* Provides back-up coverage for academic counselors and team members as needed.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Licensed, masters-level degree (M.A., M.S., M.Ed. in counseling or equivalent from accredited program) in clinical or counseling psychology.
* Licensed to practice in Qatar
* 5 or more years of experience in higher education student assessment and counseling.
* Prior experience collaborating with faculty, academic advisors, and related staff to develop and implement student assessment and counseling services.
* Previously demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations and cultures.
* Expert English verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
Highly Desired Requirements
* Licensed doctorate-level psychologist (Psy.D., PhD, or equivalent) in clinical or counseling psychology.
* Track record of higher education counseling program development.
* Track record of outcomes research in higher education student assessment and counseling.
* Prior experience in an international academic healthcare environment.
* Prior experience in the Arabian Gulf region.
* Fluency in Arabic.