Position Title: Counselor
Organization: Portland Community College
Date Formal Review of Applications will Commence: 05/02/2017
Involves teaching or advising Undergraduate Students: Yes
Applicant must be licensed or license-eligible: Yes
Additional Information: http://apptrkr.com/1004198
Job Type: Practice Job
Job Setting: Academic Department
More About this Position
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09037
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Varies
Position Status: Full-time Faculty, 1.0 FTE, Exempt
Starting Salary Range: Hiring Salary Range: $51,897 to $55,596 per year (Step 3) (Full Salary Range for 2016/17 is $51,897 to $89,991 per year) **2017/2018 salary range subject to negotiations
Job Close Date: For best consideration apply by May 27, 2017
This is a recruitment for a Counselor position at the Sylvania Campus.
A Counselor at Portland Community College provides personal, career, academic and crisis counseling and may also teach college success courses. Our counselors fill a critical role for students providing support and guidance. If you would like to be a part of PCC’s rich history of opening doors of opportunity and access to higher education for students, consider applying for a job with us. Portland Community College (PCC) is an award-winning, comprehensive multi-campus college located in Portland, Oregon and is fully accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
Portland Community College achieves educational excellence by being accountable and committed to achieving diversity. Through leadership, staff, student body, educational programs and business opportunities that serve the community, it acts as a model for others to follow.
Here is our intended timeline:
Amended Recruitment Timeline:
– Best Application Consideration Date: May 30, 2016
– Initial Interviews: Between June 20th and June 30thDecember 12th and December 14th
– Finalist (On-Campus) Interviews: Between July 5 and July 14
– Offer by July 25th with anticipated start date – August 21, 2017
PCC offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options; including Health, Dental and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance, Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
– 1 day of sick leave for every 18 days worked (~10 days/year)
– 21 hours of additional personal leave per year
– 4 paid holidays (which occur during the term you are teaching)
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age; plus tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits, please visit http://www.pcc.edu/hr.benefits
1. Counsel students, including those in special programs, in support of their career exploration, goal setting and achievement of academic goals.
2. Administer and interpret a variety of career and personality assessments.
3. Counsel and support students in the resolution of personal and social issues that may be barriers to academic success.
4. Consult with college faculty and staff on issues related to student success and retention.
5. Assist in the evaluation of learning challenges through assessment, counseling and consultation with appropriate college and community resources.
6. Support student retention and success through academic counseling related to academic progress, scheduling, college regulations and procedures.
7. Present and facilitate group counseling sessions, seminars and/or workshops.
8. May teach college success, career, and/or personal development courses.
9. Attend and participate in district, campus, department and program meetings and activities.
10. Maintain current knowledge and skills in counseling and other relevant fields through regular participation in professional development activities.
11. Serve students with respect for diversity and without discrimination based on race, creed, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation or marital status.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements:
– Master’s degree in Counseling & Guidance, Counseling Psychology, Psychology, Educational Psychology, Social Work, or related area required.
– Two years of experience providing academic, personal and career development counseling. Internship experience may be counted.
Note to Applicants:
– Counselors shall have earned required academic credentials at a regionally accredited institution.
– Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
· Licensed counselor, clinical social worker, marriage and family therapist, or psychologist or currently seeking licensure.
· Experience and/or training providing crisis counseling including hospitalizations.
· Experience and/or training providing counseling services for queer and trans clients
· Experience and/or training providing counseling using multicultural and/or social justice approach.
· Experience counseling and supporting students regarding academic and interpersonal issues that may be barriers to their academic success and continued enrollment.
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must:
1) Complete the online application
Be sure to indicate clearly how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications in the employment history to ensure this experience is taken into consideration.
2) Attach* a Cover Letter
In 1-2 pages, state specifically how you meet each of the minimum and preferred qualifications.
3) Attach* Current Resume/Vita
4) Attach* Unofficial Transcripts for each of your degrees (Includes current PCC employees).
Transcripts need to include the Title of the degree earned and the Date that the degree was conferred and the Name of the Institution.
5) Response to the Required Questions below (responses should be no longer than 1 page maximum for each question).
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either “Microsoft Word” or “.pdf” formats.
Note to Applicants:
– All transcripts from institutions outside of the U.S. are required to include an evaluation by a U.S. credential evaluation agency (copy and paste the link http://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/faculty-information.html into another browser window for specific instructions).
– Applicants Anticipating Degree Completion by September 1, 2017 must supply a letter from his/her university stating the degree title and that the degree will be granted by that date.
Application Review Process:
1) Once the “deadline or best consideration date” has passed, an initial screening will be conducted.
2) If you are selected by the committee for further consideration you may be contacted by email and asked to submit written responses to a set of essay questions. You may have as little as one week to provide the required information.
3) Upon hire the selected candidate will be required to supply OFFICIAL copies of transcripts for all degrees earned.
4) Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
– Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
– As an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1004198
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
jeid-03264be513a84c468438efc76dce54b8Job posted here: