The Society of Counseling Psychology Early Career Professionals Committee was established in 2006 to provide support to early career counseling psychologists, to facilitate ECP leadership in the Society, to communicate the concerns and perspectives of ECPs to Society leadership, and to help students transition into full and professional membership in the Society.
Div. 17 ECP Committee aims to:
- Provide resources relevant to ECP work and life
- Foster a home base for ECPs within the society
- Provide opportunities to connect with other society members
- Facilitate ECP leadership in the society and in APA
- Enhance the visibility of ECPs
Join the Committee
Committee members serve three-year terms, with two new members added each year. The committee attends APA Convention and develops projects to enhance the personal and professional development of ECPs in Counseling Psychology. Applications are reviewed by the committee, and new members are then appointed by the Member Interface Board Director in consultation with the President.
ECPs and doctoral students entering their final year of study are eligible to apply.
To apply, please e-mail the following materials to Dr. Tiffany O’Shaughnessy (email@example.com):
- A letter of interest describing what you will contribute to the committee (i.e., qualifications, including relevant leadership experience; interest in current committee projects and/or ideas for new projects; and willingness to attend APA convention, including conventions in Hawaii or Toronto when relevant)
- A brief CV (no more than 3 pages)
Applications are accepted each year from April 15 to May 15.